CELTA / Cambridge University ( 120 hours attendance )
Istanbul / Turkey branch
– (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is an initial teacher training qualification for teaching English as a second or foreign language (ESL and EFL).
– CELTA demands %100 attendance, carefully crafted assignments, 6 hours of experienced teacher observation and 6 hours of assessed teaching practice.
– One of my tasks during the CELTA course was to plan immaculate lesson plans, analyze my upcoming lessons and how I presented these to my tutors. It was also the teaching where I was observed by my tutor, who noted down every negative thing about my teaching.
– One of the most outstanding advantages of CELTA is that it makes me a better planner. When I first started planning my lesson plans according to their format, it took me more than 5 hours. My last lesson plan took me less than an hour. It also gives me a good idea what can be done in just 40 minutes.
TEFL ( Teaching English as a foreign language ) ( 120 hours attendance )
Cairo / Egypt
Ain Shams University
A TEFL course helped me to equip myself with the capabilities and skills required to teach English as a foreign language.
– Jazan, KSA
– – Taught English at Maharat Industrial & Construction Skills Institute as part of a vocational training program training program for local high school graduates for jobs in the Jazan Economical City.
Standards of Safety and Professional Practices Instructor
-Taught Standards of Safety and Professional Practices at Maharat Industrial & Construction Skills Institute as part of a vocational training program for local high school graduates for jobs in the Jazan Economical City.
Designed and developed a curriculum for the subject to be taught in English instead of Arabic
-Created interecative PowerPoint Presentations to introduce the content
-Created a poster gallary to enhance important safety concepts
– Documented the entire project book in a portfolio that was highly admired by the project management
-Designed a data base for the entire project to record trainees grades
– Taught English at Maharat Industrial & Construction Skills Institute as part of a vocational training program for local high school graduates for jobs in the Jazan Economical City.
2016 – 2017
Arab Open University
-Taught English at the preparation year for elementary, intermediate and upper intermediate students with a goal of preparing students either to be able to reach a high-level English proficiency in all skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) to be ready for their studies at the university as their studies are in English.
2014 – 2017
– Saudi Academy
– Jubail, KSA
– EFL Instructor
– -Taught Technical English for welding trainees in a project at AYTP Company
– – Taught Business English for AYTP Company staff to help improve their oral and written
2013 – 2014
Headmaster of the intermediate stage for boys
– As the head of the school, I was responsible for all that was being done in or by the school. I was to issue necessary orders, see that the teachers and the pupils attend their duties punctually and regularly and ensure that human and material resources of the school are adequate.
2012 – 2013
An External Reviewer
– Worked as an external reviewer at the National Authority for Quality Assurance & Accreditation of Education ( NAQAAE ).
2012 – 2013
– Taught English to intermediate school students following the national curriculum.
– Tried hard to implement a communicative and interactive student-centered approach to learning that maximizes students’ learning time and utilizes games and competitions to keep students engaged and motivated. I incorporate technology to enhance the delivery of my lessons and continuously research and use variety of innovative and fun resources to accommodate students’ various needs and learning styles to help maximize their output and assist them in achieving their goals in life.
1999 – 2013
– ICDL Certificate
Has successfully passed all modules required for the granting of the International Computer Driving License. Syllabus Version 4.0.
– Professional at using the word, excel, PowerPoint and the internet programs.
– Professional at using the data show and the smart boards.
– having the ability to use technology very well and converting any educational material into digital I tools.
– Certificate of Appreciation
Received for being one of the best EFL instructors of the English Dept. at AOU ( Arab Open University – Jeddah Branch – Saudi Arabia )
– Certificate of Appreciation
Received for my outstanding performance and dedication during my work as an EFL and Standards of Safety and Professional Practices instructor at Maharat Industrial & Construction Skills Institute as part of a vocational training program for local high school graduates for jobs in the Jazan Economical City.